Review: Cinder by Marissa Meyer


Cinder by Marissa Meyer
Release Date: January 3, 2012
Publisher: Feiwel & Friends
Pages: 390
Received: Purchased
Rating: 5 out of 5 Books

GOODREADS BLURB:
Humans and androids crowd the raucous streets of New Beijing. A deadly plague ravages the population. From space, a ruthless lunar people watch, waiting to make their move. No one knows that Earth’s fate hinges on one girl. . . .

Cinder, a gifted mechanic, is a cyborg. She’s a second-class citizen with a mysterious past, reviled by her stepmother and blamed for her stepsister’s illness. But when her life becomes intertwined with the handsome Prince Kai’s, she suddenly finds herself at the center of an intergalactic struggle, and a forbidden attraction. Caught between duty and freedom, loyalty and betrayal, she must uncover secrets about her past in order to protect her world’s future.




Three words: READ. THIS. NOW.

This book is SO much fun! Oh my gosh, I cannot express how much fun this was to read. Seriously, I loved it. I totally devoured it, and I have a 5-month old son to take care of, too. Thank goodness he decided to be good today, because I could NOT put this book down! :)

Seriously, why are you still sitting here, reading this review? GO GET THIS BOOK!

THE GOOD:
Where to begin. Wow. This was just a fantastic read. I loved Cinder, but I really hope that Meyer brings back Iko in the second installment. By ten pages in, I was hooked. This could have gone either way, being an idea of Cinderella, but Meyer made this into such a fantastical ride! I am rooting for Cinder, and I really hop that Emperor Kai gets his act together and ends up going after Cinder to be with her...because HE SHOULD!!! Swoon...Kai. I want more of him. :) Actually, I want more of every bit of this book! Thinking that it could be a year or more before the second one is released makes my heart hurt a little. Or a lot.

THE BAD:
Seriously, there's nothing bad about this book. Yes, it's a spinoff of Cinderella, therefore I could kind of see the plot twists before they came, but the tradeoff of that is the fact that Meyer made this so effortless to read and so DANG fun to read...I'm willing to take that. Gosh, I loved this book. See? I'm saying I loved it in the "bad" section, does that tell you anything? Lol.

CONCLUSION:

PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE go get this book. This is a stellar debut from Meyer and I cannot wait to get my hands on more of her books. If this is any indication of what's to come, the sky is the limit for her. Now, go write the second, third, fourth books, and give them to us for public consumption! :)




FAVORITE QUOTES:
"All those sticky buns," Iko said as they passed a close-up of the blackened booth.
* * *
"I don't know. I don't actually remember anything from before the surgery."
His eyebrows rose, his blue eyes sucking in all the light of the room. "The cybernetic operation?"
"No, the sex change."
The doctor's smile faltered.
"I'm joking."

RATING: 5 Books

No comments:

Post a Comment